|Quick Facts: Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey||What Is The Ideal Hair Transplant Cost?||$3500 - $6500|
|What Are The Accepted Currencies for Payment?||U.S. Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP)|
|What Payment Methods Are Accepted in Turkey?||Cash, Credit Card, Bank Wire, Payment Apps (Wise, PayPal)|
|How Many Days Are Required in Turkey?||4 Days|
|What Are The Operation Methods?||Sapphire Technique, FUE, DHI, FUT|
|How Many Hours Does The Surgery Last?||7-9 Hours|
|What is Healing Time to Back Work?||12-14 Days|
|Is Airfare Included In All-Inclusive Packages in Turkey?||No! Flight Expenses Are Not Included|
|What About Hotel and Transfers in Turkey?||Included In The All-Inclusive Package|
|How Can You Book Surgery in Diamond Hair Clinic?||Flight Tickets Enough To Book Surgery, No Deposit!|
|Which Istanbul Airport Should You Fly To?||Istanbul Airport (IST), Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)|
Turkey Hair Transplant Cost
- According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, in 2019, 735,392 hair transplant operations were performed worldwide, generating a global market worth $4.56 billion. Without a doubt, Turkey is one of the industry’s key players.
- Patients from all over the world choose Turkey for hair transplants because they are relatively inexpensive. Although there is nothing wrong with that, some patients become victims of botched operations because they select clinics only based on their low prices.
- It can often be easy to persuade patients who consider Turkey for hair transplant with low-price offers, eye-catching social media profiles, elegant websites, and well-made clinic marketing videos. So, many patients feel they don’t need to do deep research about the clinic and the doctor.
- For instance, most people seeking hair transplants don’t bother to read the text of patient reviews. Instead, they only consider the total number of reviews and ratings, but those numbers can be deceiving because they can easily be manipulated. That can lead to poor results, permanent scars in botched surgeries, and higher costs due to a need for a corrective second surgery.
- Excessively cheap offers from low-quality hair mills start this process wrongfully. If patients know about the ideal average price range of a hair transplant in Turkey from a reliable clinic, they could avoid making the wrong choice.
- Selecting a clinic within the ideal price range is essential for patients considering getting a hair transplant in Turkey. Thus, they can eliminate either overpaying for surgery or finding low-cost incompetent clinics.
What Is The Ideal Price Range For Hair Transplant Surgery In Turkey?The average cost of an all-inclusive hair transplant package in Turkey is between $3500 and $6500. Undoubtedly, that is much more affordable than the cost of hair transplants in western countries. When considering the cost-benefit analysis, hair transplants in Turkey are one of the best esthetic surgery deals available worldwide.
How Much Do 5000 Grafts Cost In Turkey?The price can vary significantly depending on the clinic and type of surgery you choose. However, you can expect to pay around $4000 – $4500 for a hair transplant in Turkey. That is significantly cheaper than in most other countries, such as the U.S. or Europe, making Turkey a popular destination for those seeking a hair transplant on a budget. The above statistic shows the cost per graft for a hair transplant in selected countries worldwide in 2020 and 2021.
How Much Does The Cost Per Graft in Turkey?According to a study by Statista, the cost of a hair transplant is $1.07 per graft in Turkey. $1.28 in Mexico, $1.34 in India, $1.47 in Hungary, $2.30 in Thailand, $2.74 in Poland, $2.93 in Poland, $2.93 in Germany, $3.22 in the United Kingdom, $5.44 the United States, $5.50 U.S. in Australia, $7 U.S. dollars per graft in Canada.
How About The Prices From Black Market Clinics in Turkey That Seem Unreasonably Cheap?
- Choosing a clinic in the $3500 – $6500 price range is quite enough to get a good value for the money you paid for a hair transplant in Turkey.
- However, if you pursue lower prices from the Turkish hair transplant market, you can find them from low-quality clinics. However, that is risky and not advisable.
- Cheaper than $3500 prices for all-inclusive packages must raise some red flags in your mind. You were most likely given a price offer from an illegal, black-market clinic.
- Many technician–based clinics, or “hair mills,” in Turkey offer ridiculously cheap $1000 – $2000 prices to patients. This price may even include hotel accommodation and transfers.
- Stay away from too-good–to-be-true prices. Stay in Turkey’s ideal price range of $3500- $6500. Even in Istanbul, the capital city of hair transplants Worldwide, $2000 is an insufficient amount of money to be able to provide a professional operation.
- Professional hair transplant surgeons are not in competition with the illicit black market clinics in Turkey and The World. This was confirmed by a survey in the ISHRS 2022 Practice Census Results. One type of clinic is based on technicians and operates incredible numbers of patients daily, while the other clinics are led by hair transplant surgeons who only see one patient daily. They are in entirely different leagues.
- According to ISHRS 2022 Practice Census Results, When asked if the Black Market changed members‘ pricing structure, the majority (73.5%) of doctors replied ‘No,’ while a small percentage of doctors (15.8%) replied ‘Yes.’
What Factors Influence The Cost Of A Hair Transplant Surgery In Turkey?
- The type of hair transplant procedure (Sapphire, FUE, DHI)
- The number of grafts needed
- The total session number of the surgery for targeted coverage of the scalp (1-2-3)
- The experience and qualifications of the surgeon (World Fue Institute, ISHRS)
- The hair clinic’s reputation and services offered (Surgeon or Technician–Based Clinic)
- The location of the hair clinic (Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya)
- Any additional treatments or follow-up care required (PRP, Mesotherapy)
- Any extra medications (Hair Vitamins, Biotin, Finasteride, Minoxidil)
What Is The More Common Pricing Policy in Turkey Hair Transplant Clinics?
Fixed-Price? or Cost-Per-Graft?In Turkey, there are two different pricing policies. Fixed-Price That Doesn’t Depend On Total Implanted Hair Graft Number and Cost Per Graft Pricing. The fixed-price policy is predominant among hair transplant clinics in Turkey. Most places don’t prefer the Cost Per Graft pricing approach due to its disadvantages for patients and clinics.
What Is The Disadvantage of Cost-Per-Graft Pricing in Hair Surgery?
- At first glance, the pricing per graft may seem more professional and cool, but that may cause a conflict of interest between patients and clinics–surgeons.
- Once a hair transplant surgery begins, the surgeon may need to take unplanned actions that would benefit the patient. This could involve reducing or increasing the number of grafts beyond what was initially planned.
- For example, if the surgeon notices that the patient’s donor area is not as robust as initially thought, he may reduce the number of grafts to avoid donor damage. Or conversely, if the surgeon realizes that donor capacity is denser than initially assessed, he may increase the number of grafts for higher density in desired areas.
- Fortunately, these last-minute surgeon decisions can be applied by discussing them with the patient and getting approval. Because patients are awake during surgery due to local anesthesia, they can give feedback about the potential decision.
- However, the cost-per-graft pricing model can shadow such important surgical decisions because it alters how much patients pay. If the graft number needs to be increased, the patient’s bill will go up. However, less payment is received if the surgeon decreases the graft number, which isn’t ideal for the clinic. It is a conflict of interest situation.
- On the other hand, in the Fixed-Price model, decisions are made without considering financial pressure. That is the more appropriate way from a medical standpoint and based on Patient–Surgeon trust.
- Because in the cost-per-graft pricing model, when the surgeon decides to increase the graft number, the patient may feel that it is a financial decision for the clinic’s benefit rather than a surgical decision for the patient’s benefit. That may undermine the trust between the patient and the surgeon.
What is the minimum amount of money required for a hair transplant in Turkey?
- A minimum of $5000 is needed for a hair transplant journey with a reputable clinic in Turkey that covers all expenses.
- “All-Inclusive Hair Transplant Package“ from $3500 – $6500
- “Round-Trip Flight Tickets” from $500 – $1000
- “Turkey E-Visa Fee“ is $100
- “3-4 days of Food Expenses” is $100
Are there any optional expenses to budget for when planning a hair transplant journey to Turkey?
- The cost of the all-inclusive hair transplant package, airfares, and e-visa fees are obligatory expenses.
- Some touristic activities and other optional costs may also be considered when calculating the total budget. Here are some ideas to turn your trip for medical tourism into an opportunity to explore Istanbul;
- A shopping experience in the historical Grand Bazaar
- A boat tour of the Bosphorus Strait for an up-close look at splendid city views; $50 – $100
- Experiencing Turkish cuisine with Kebab gourmet meals; $200 – $300 for a few meals
- A few extra nights of hotel accommodation to discover Istanbul city; $150 per additional night
- A tour day to visit historical places Hagia Sophia, Topkapı Palace, Blue Mosque, and Basilica Cistern; $200 for a day tour, including museum tickets.
Do I Need To Budget For Transfers And Hotel Accommodation?
- No, you will not need to spend extra money on that because most hair transplant clinics in Turkey offer All-Inclusive Packages, including transfers between hotel–clinic–airport and two or three nights of hotel accommodation costs.
- If you want to stay in the hotel for more days than the clinic arranged, you will need to pay extra.
What Payment Methods Are Accepted By Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey?Turkish clinics accept a variety of methods for payment, including cash, credit cards, bank wire transfers, and payment apps such as Wise, PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, and Remitly. However, it’s important to remember that each clinic has its payment policy. For example, some might only accept cash, while others may only take bank wire transfers, etc.
Do Health Insurances Cover Cost of Hair Transplant?
- Health insurance firms do not cover hair transplant surgeries because they are considered cosmetic surgery. That’s why thousands of people from the U.S. and Europe fly to Turkey to get a hair transplant.
- However, there are a few exceptions. For example, insurance may cover the cost if hair loss is caused by severe injury or burning.
- If you are considering a hair transplant and want to know if your insurance will cover the cost, contact your insurance company and ask. They will be able to tell you if there is a policy that covers hair transplant costs.
What Does The All-Inclusive Package At Diamond Hair Clinic Include?
- Hair Transplantation with Dr. Mehmet Demircioglu
- Needle–Free Painless Local Anesthesia Injections with Dermojet
- Three Nights of Hotel Accommodation
- All Transfers from and to the Airport, Clinic, and Hotel
- Pre–Operation Blood Tests (HIV, HepB, HepC)
- Post Operation Medications: Antibiotic, Prednol, Painkiller, Coraspin
- Sebamed Shampoo for the first month,
- Panthenol Foam Spray for first ten washes,
- Neck Pillow for first five nights
- Greft Plus Six Months Hair Care Set ($550 Worth)
Are There Any Hidden Costs Associated With Hair Transplant Surgery in Turkey?
- When you go to a high–quality surgeon-led clinic in Turkey, the All-Inclusive Package covers all costs related to your surgery so that you don’t have to worry about any hidden fees. However, at lower-cost technician-based hair mills, hidden last-minute costs are common practice to charge more money.
- Some Hidden Cost Practices;
- Increasing the graft number on operation day to charge extra money, even though it may not be necessary.
- Charging an additional $250-$300 for Pain–Free Anaesthesia before initiating surgery. Otherwise, the patient will feel pain from the anesthesia needles.
- Pushing patients to buy expensive hair vitamin packages, PRP, and Mesotherapy sessions can be considered a hidden cost.
- At Diamond Hair Clinic, all major and minor expenses are covered in the All-Inclusive Hair Transplant Package. So, no worry about a cost it can appear at the last minute. For example, if Dr. Demircioglu decides to increase the planned total graft number on the operation day in terms of patient benefit, we don’t change the price patient will pay. And also, needle–free local anesthesia and Greft Plus Six Month Hair Care Set (Hair Vitamin+ Shampoo) are standardly included in the package.
- Generally, hair transplant clinics in Turkey offer free consultations, while some clinics may charge a small symbolic consultation payment, such as $10-$20. Clinics mostly make these consultations online because most patients are abroad. You must be aware of some crucial points about these online consultations.
- At Diamond Hair Clinic, we offer free consultations because we believe that our patients should be able to make an informed decision about their surgery without feeling pressured by a consultation cost. You can book a free online consultation with our hair transplant surgeon Dr. Demircioglu by email, Whatsapp, or Face-To-Face. However, if you choose to consult with us, know that it will always be free of charge.
- Dr. Demircioglu will answer all your questions about the surgery and create a personalized surgery plan for you. This hair transplant plan will include detailed answers to questions such as if a hair transplant is suitable for you, how many grafts you need, how many sessions you need for complete coverage of baldness, and what level of result you can expect.
Get In Touch With Diamond Hair Clinic!
- Dr. Mehmet Demircioglu is a highly experienced and qualified hair transplant surgeon and is the founder of Diamond Hair Clinic in Turkey, one of the best clinics in Turkey. Dr. Demircioglu is also a World Fue Institute (WFI) member and has performed many successful surgeries.
- Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We offer free consultations to help you learn more about what we can do for you.