Redcar

Redcar is a seaside town on the Yorkshire Coast in Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire, England. It is located 7 miles (11 km) east of Middlesbrough. The Teesside built-up area’s Redcar subdivision had a population of 37,073 at the 2011 Census. The town is made up of Coatham, Dormanstown, Kirkleatham, Newcomen, West Dyke, Wheatlands and Zetland. It gained a town charter in 1922, from then until 1968 it was governed by the municipal borough of Redcar. Since the abolition of County Borough of Teesside, which existed from 1968 until 1974, the town has been unparished.