|Quick Facts: Hair Transplants in Turkey|
|What Is Hair Transplant Cost?||$3500 - $6500|
|How Many Days Are Required in Turkey?||4 Days|
|What Are The Different Operation Techniques?||Sapphire FUE: Sapphire Blade|
Classic FUE: Slit MethodDHI: Direct Hair Implantation
FUT: Follicular Unit Transplantation
|How Many Hours Does The Surgery Last?||7-9 Hours|
|What is Healing Time to Back Work?||12-14 Days|
|Is Result Guaranteed?||No!, Because of Many Different Factors|
|What About Accommodation and Transfers in Turkey?||Included In Package|
|What Do You Need To Book Surgery?||Flight Tickets Are Enough, No Deposit Required|
|Which Istanbul Airport Should You Fly To?||Istanbul Airport (IST), Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW)|
Hair Transplant Turkey: Practical Guide & FAQs
This article provides a comprehensive guide to hair transplants in Turkey and answers some of the most frequently asked questions. The goal is to educate you about the Turkish hair transplant sector’s advantages, disadvantages, and traps. If you are interested in getting a hair transplant in Turkey, then keep reading.
Key Takeaways At The Beginning
- Hair transplantation is a life-changing procedure, so underestimating the seriousness of surgery can lead to lifetime regretful decisions.
- In Turkey or another country, hair transplantation is a delicate and detail-oriented aesthetic surgery requiring a skilled doctor with adequate experience.
- There are world–class surgeons in Turkey, as well as black-market illicit clinics. Patients should be wary of unqualified, amateur, and illegal clinics.
- Lower prices at underground-illegal clinics may be tempting, but they are not worth the risk of a botched operation or complications.
- Medical tourism is a competitive market, and there are many clinics to choose from when looking for hair transplants in other countries. When it comes to Turkey, the most popular destination for hair transplants, the enormous jungle of cosmetic tourism requires thorough research and knowledge of every element of the procedure and clinic and doctors before selecting.
- Do your research before choosing a clinic, and be sure to check reviews as well as before-and-after photos. Consider the doctor’s experience, and verify that the reviews, photos, and even the doctor are fake or real.
- Beware that some clinics may try to sell you additional and unnecessary products at high prices. Surprisingly low prices might be only a trap for selling expensive products.
What Is The Average Hair Transplant Cost In Turkey?
- The average hair transplant cost in Turkey is around $3500 to $6500, far less than the costs in other global locations. The approximate per-graft price is $1.07 in Turkey, and the final cost depends on how many grafts are required and what type of transplantation.
Why Are Hair Transplants Cheaper in Turkey?
- A critical reason that makes hair transplants more inexpensive in Turkey is the highly competitive and oversaturated market. Numerous private clinics and hospitals offer the procedure, lowering prices to entice patients.
- The Turkish Government also provides subsidies and tax breaks for hair transplant clinics, which helps keep costs down.
- Wages are lower in Turkey, which is one of the reasons why hair transplants are less expensive. In Turkey, the typical employee makes $2 per hour, whereas the average worker in the United States earns $11 per hour. That indicates that employees in the United States must be paid at least four times as much for the same surgical procedure.
- The cost of renting real estate is lower in Turkey than in the US and European countries. This benefit is passed on to the patient through affordable hair transplant costs. For instance, in the most elegant location in Istanbul, a four-floor mid-size clinic building can be rented for $30,000 monthly, with ten surgery rooms. That cost may seem ridiculously cheap for a clinic building from Manhattan (New York) or Harley Street (London).
- With the current exchange rates, Turkey is good for European and American patients. Due to the devaluation of the Turkish Lira against the Euro and USD, hair transplant prices in Turkey have become more affordable than at all-time for medical tourists. If you want a hair transplant that doesn’t break the bank, Turkey is where you should go.
Are Cheaper Technician-Based Clinics Reasonable Option?
- Some patients believe that technician–based clinics are preferable because of their lower costs. However, these clinics don’t have the same level of quality as one–patient-a-day clinics.
- They are more focused on patient volume and profit than surgery quality. Mostly that leads to subpar results.
- After your procedure, your communication with the clinic may not last long. The clinics in these groups may close suddenly without warning to patients, and you may lose contact with them.
Are One-Patient-A-Day Clinics Worth The High Prices?
- One–patient-a-day surgeon lead clinics may be more expensive, but you get better results.
- The main benefit is that the doctor and staff can focus all their attention on you, and you don’t have to worry about other patients.
- Even after years, you can contact the surgeon who performed your operation.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Hair Transplants In Turkey?
Turkey is a popular hair restoration destination all over the World. Many patients choose Turkey because of the pros, but there are some cons as well.
- The most severe problem is the language barrier between patients and physicians. Confirm whether the surgeon speaks English before booking the procedure to avoid misunderstanding.
- Speaking with a translator may not be ideal for communicating with your doctor, especially when discussing critical details, such as a new hairline design.
- Not all doctors in Turkey are licensed to perform hair transplants. Before deciding on surgery, do your research and find a qualified doctor.
- There is a substantial discrepancy in Turkey between the level of internet marketing and the level of clinic quality. Generally, top-notch surgeons don’t run aggressive online marketing campaigns.
- Cost savings and successful results are two noteworthy factors that draw people to this destination.
- No waiting list! There is no need to wait a long time to schedule your hair transplant procedure in Turkey because most clinics conduct many procedures daily.
- Overall, the pros of getting a hair transplant in Turkey outweigh the cons.
Is Hair Transplant In Turkey A Good Or Bad Idea?
- Yes, it is an excellent idea unless you don’t have an operation at a clinic that you discovered with shallow research.
- Hair transplantation has grown increasingly popular in Turkey in recent years, and people from all around the World are traveling to Istanbul for hair surgeries.
- There are some risks associated with having surgery abroad. For example, something could go wrong during the operation, or you may not be satisfied with the results. However, you can reduce these risks by researching and choosing a reputable and expert surgeon.
Is It Safe To Have A Hair Transplant In Istanbul?
- Yes, Turkey is a safe country for medical tourists seeking hair transplants. Istanbul is one of the safest cities in the World, with a low crime rate compared to its population. That makes Turkey an ideal destination for people looking for safe and affordable hair transplantation treatment.
- Thousands of police surveillance CCTV security cameras help deter crime. In addition, Istanbul has an excellent public transportation system, so getting around without worrying about getting lost or mugged is easy.
Are You Considering A Hair Transplant in Turkey?
Istanbul is the best location in the World for hair transplants. A few key reasons make that;
- Specialist surgeons in Turkey have more hair restoration expertise than any other country in the World. Turkish surgeons, especially in the last ten years, performed an incredible number of operations, making them the planet’s most experienced hair transplant surgeons.
- Turkey’s technology and equipment used for hair transplantation are up to date. As specialist clinics and hospitals make good money, they invest in the latest technologies and medical instruments.
- The costs of hair transplants in Turkey are pretty affordable. You can smoothly get a hair transplant in Turkey for a three-four sessions PRP Treatment price in Europe or the United States.
- The density of implanted hair grafts is a critical factor in the success of hair transplants. Turkish clinics use a distinct approach from western clinics to provide denser results while staying within healthy boundaries. That makes Turkish clinics some of the most successful in the World.
- By choosing Turkey, you can effortlessly turn your hair transplantation trip into a good vacation. You can kill two birds with one stone with many beautiful tourist attractions.
- Turkey is often considered a poor, third-world country by those who have never been there, but this isn’t true. Turkey has been a valuable partner to Western World countries for many years. Turkey is part of some important organizations, including The G20 (Economic Development), NATO (Military), and candidacy for the European Union (Political).
How To Get A Hair Transplant In Turkey?
If you are considering a hair transplant procedure in Turkey,
- Conduct thorough research and choose a reputable clinic, be sure to read reviews and check out the clinic’s credentials.
- Schedule a consultation with the surgeon. That is a critical step, as you will need to discuss your medical history and desired results. Be sure to ask about the surgeon’s experience and success rate.
- Prepare for the procedure. That includes stopping certain medications and drinks one week ago.
- Before the surgery begins, speak with the surgeon face to face about the operation plan and ensure you’re on the same page. Also, discuss your expectations and demands with the doctor, so there are no surprises. For example, if the crown area is more important to you than the front area, you may request that your operation plan be changed accordingly.
- Undergo surgery and follow all post-operative instructions.
- After returning home, take at least two weeks off before returning to work.
What Is The Process Of Booking A Hair Transplant In Turkey?
- You can effortlessly book a hair transplant in Turkey by Whatsapp, email, or phone call. Most people prefer Whatsapp because it is more convenient to send pictures and ask questions quickly.
- If you want to be sure to get the dates you wish to, we recommend booking 2-3 months in advance.
- Most clinics require a deposit to confirm the operation. The remaining balance will be due when you arrive at the clinic.
- We do not require a deposit or pre-payment at Diamond Hair Clinic to book an operation. We only need a screenshot of the flight ticket. After purchasing tickets, you must share details with us to finalize the booking procedure.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the clinic after we have arranged everything for you, such as your operation booking, hotel reservations, and transfer arrangements.
What Is Online Consultation Process for Hair Transplant?
Consultations are conducted via the internet (Whatsapp, email, Skype) by Turkish Hair Transplant clinics for patients from abroad to Turkey.
- Professional hair transplant clinics in Turkey follow a two-step consultation procedure for hair transplants:
- First, the clinic will ask you to send some close-up photos of your hair loss area from different angles. In these photos, your hair should be dry and styled as you typically wear it.
- The clinic will use photos of your hair to create a personalized hair transplant analysis. A hair restoration surgeon will do this analysis, including an estimate of the number of grafts you need, the price of your operation, an approximate timeline for growth, donor area capacity, and eligibility for operation. This information is essential for understanding what kind of results you can expect from a hair transplant.
Warning About Online Consultations!
- In some Turkish hair transplant clinics, mostly low-cost places, there is no surgeon available to examine photos sent in by prospective patients:
- Instead, someone in a call center looks at the photos and sends an operation plan using template messages. This system is not professional nor healthy and should raise red flags for anyone considering these types of clinics.
- If a hair clinic appears to be operating outside the norm, patients should beware. A lack of professionalism could lead to botched surgery or other health concerns.
Can You Have A Free Consultation? Should You Pay For It?
- Most clinics in Turkey offer free consultations, while others charge a small symbolic fee.
- At Diamond Hair Clinic, we offer free online consultations because we believe that our patients should be able to make an informed decision about their surgery without feeling pressured by a consultation cost.
What Are The Documents Required For A Hair Transplant Consultation?
- The documents required for a hair transplant consultation will vary depending on the surgeon and the clinic. However, some standard documents are usually required, such as:
- Photos of your hair loss from different angles are needed to help the doctor assess whether you are a good candidate for a hair transplant. Photos should be taken in natural lighting, without a hat or any other headwear, from the front, back, top and right-left sides. Showing the progression of your hair loss is helpful if possible.
- A detailed medical history. That should include information about your health (including any medications you’re taking), your family’s medical history, and any previous surgeries or procedures you’ve had.
- If you have any chronic conditions, you will need to provide medical papers about them.
- It is important to bring as much information as possible to your consultation to get the doctor’s most accurate assessment and recommendation.
Why Do You Need A Online Consultation?
- Stop Googling! Just Get A Consultation!
- To get an accurate assessment of your hair loss and balding pattern.
- To get advice on the best treatment options for you.
- To get help choosing the right hair transplant surgeon for your expectation.
- To get help planning your treatment.
Turkey is a great place to get a hair transplant because it has many skilled surgeons who offer attractive prices. However, there are also a lot of fake hair transplant clinics. As a patient, you must be careful when choosing a clinic. Here are some tips:
- Make sure the clinic has experience. You don’t want to be the guinea pig for a new or inexperienced surgeon.
- Do your research. Check out online reviews and testimonials from previous patients.
- Ask around. Talk to people you know who have had a hair transplant and see if they have any recommendations.
- Compare prices. Hair transplants can be expensive, so you’ll want to ensure you get the best bang for your buck.
- Look at before and after photos. It will give you a good idea of the results you can expect from each clinic.
- Consider your budget. Not all clinics are created equal, so choose one that fits within your budget without compromising on quality or results.
- Make sure the surgeon is licensed and accredited by reputable organizations such as the World FUE Institute (WFI) or the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).
- Schedule a consultation. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, schedule a consultation with each clinic to see which is the best fit for you.
What Are The Red Flags Of Unsafe Turkish Hair Transplant Clinics?
Here are a few essential flags to watch out for;
- If a clinic says you can have the operation the next day or within a few days. This rush is unnecessary and often indicative of a less-than-reputable clinic.
- A clinic may not be reputable if they offer packages lesser than $3500. That could mean that the clinic is not using quality materials, the staff is not sufficiently trained, and there is no surgeon.
- “Award Winning Clinic–Doctor“ and “The Best Clinic of Year“ are only fabricated marketing gimmicks to attract patients. Those awards are sold by money by organizations to clinics and doctors. Currently, there is no credible award for the best hair transplant clinic or doctor in the World.
- If a clinic’s website or social media has marketing slogans related to stem cells, such as “Stem Cell Hair Loss Treatments,” “Stem Cell PRP,” or “Hair Transplant With Stem Cell Injection,” it is best to avoid that clinic. In fact, there is no Stem Cell Treatment in Turkey combined with hair transplant. That are only fancy terms to tempt patients.
- It’s also important to be wary of any clinic that doesn’t require a proper consultation before surgery. That shows that the clinic isn’t interested in getting to know their patients or understanding their individual needs, which are vital to a successful hair transplant.
If you see any of these red flags, it’s best to look for another option.
Are Cheap Price Hunters Victims of Possible Botched Surgeries?
- Yes, bargain hunters will likely have botched procedures such as low density, unnatural hairline design, insufficient communication, and possible complications such as necrosis and infection.
- The consequences of a hair transplant are permanent. If the transplant is unsuccessful, you may be left with scarring, bald spots, poor growth, an unnatural hairline, overharvesting, and an overall uneven appearance. While it may be tempting to gamble by picking a low-cost clinic, the stakes are simply too high. It’s better to have the surgery by a qualified doctor. That way, you can increase your chance of a successful hair transplant.
- Although medical tourism in Turkey is cheaper overall, hair transplants should not cost less than $3500 for all-inclusive packages.
- Hair transplant patients‘ exaggerated efforts to find lower prices from Turkey, such as $1500-$2000, commonly result in substandard operations.
- Patient reviews are more important than ever when making medical and surgical treatment decisions. We rely on patient reviews to give us an idea of what to expect and whether or not it is worth our hard-earned money.
- With the advent of online review platforms, anyone can easily filter and read testimonials about a particular surgeon or operating technique so you can make an informative decision without being brainwashed by the clinic’s marketing team.
- However, not all reviews should be believed. Like any other industry, there will always be some bad apples who try to ruin things for everyone else by writing dishonestly negative or positive reviews. That’s why it’s important to read reviews from multiple sources before making a final decision.
How To Determine A Hair Transplant Review Is Real or Fake?
It is important to distinguish between real and fake reviews. Some people write fraudulent reviews of clinics to promote them or discredit them. It can be very frustrating for people trying to make an informed decision about surgery. There are some ways to spot a review that is real or fake;
- Pay attention to the language used. If the review is rife with grammatical mistakes, appears excessively positive or negative, or is not credible, it’s probably fake.
- Look for details about the reviewer’s testimonial. If the text is limited and lacks details, highly likely penned by a person who has been bribed to do so.
- A real review commonly has a beginning, middle, and conclusion parts. Thus, if a review is composed of a few sentences or a little paragraph, it might not be trustworthy.
- An honest review usually includes information such as how many grafts were implanted, what the surgeon was like, the operation technique, and how they felt after the procedure.
- Check the date of the review. It may be irrelevant if it’s more than five years old.
- Take a look at the emotional structure of a review, as this might indicate its realness. Exaggerated sentimental language is often used in fake reviews to evoke an emotional response from the reader.
What Are Popular Topics In Forums About Turkish Clinics?
- Some Popular Topics in Reddits Forums;
“How much does a hair transplant cost in Turkey?” “Hey Guys, I Received Different Consultations & Quotes. What Are Your Thoughts?” “How Does My Head Seem At 5 Months Post-Op? I had done in Turkey.” “Can anyone recommend a good clinic in Istanbul?” “Considering a Hair transplant – Advice for finding the right Doctor?” “I am considering two doctors, Dr.X and Dr.Y. Which one should I choose? “Which Clinic in Turkey for Afro Hair? “Asymmetrical hairline seven days post-op FUE. Was it a bad surgery?” “I’m looking for someone who’s had experience with Dr.X; has anyone heard of him?” “Is It Possible A Female Hair Transplant in Turkey? Help!”
- Patients frequently discuss the topics of costs, the best surgeons and clinics, experience with a specific clinic or doctor, and results of Turkish Hair Transplant Brands in forums.
- Overall, when analyzing forum sharings, negative experiences frequently source from unrealistic patient expectations, poor communication with the clinic, or a lack of surgeon presence or involvement in surgery. All are expected issues in low-cost hair clinics.
Are Hair Transplant Forums Helpful or Suspicious Sources?
- Some people find them helpful, while others see them as suspicious. Here’s a look at both sides of the debate;
- On the one hand, hair transplant forums can be a valuable resource for people considering a hair transplant. You can read about other people’s experiences, ask questions, and get information that you might not be able to find elsewhere. But you must be careful about who you read and take everything with a grain of salt.
- On the other hand, some people see hair transplant forums as being full of scams and misinformation. They may point out that many of these forums are filled with advertisements from clinics and doctors offering their services. And because anyone can post on these forums anonymously. Also, many members on those forums claim to be experts on the hair transplant subject when they aren’t, and there are also a lot of deceitful or photoshopped before-and-after photos posted on forums. It’s critical not to rely too much on what you read and see.
How To Detect Online Hair Transplant Trolls?
- Some YouTubers create initial informative videos about clinics and doctors but later become trolls for certain ones; as you can guess, money talks when Youtubers and clinics meet behind the camera. Those YouTubers are a new generation of online hair transplant trolls. Their ingenious policy on publishing is to seem semi-genuine and semi-troll to gain people’s trust.
- Hair Transplant Trolls are paid persons who create fraudulent accounts on some Facebook groups, hair restoration forums, numerous Reddit communities (subreddits), and Quora blogs to drive patient candidates to particular doctors and clinics.
- Some online forums exist solely to serve those trolls. In those forums, admins, creators, and some members (paid trolls) might be part of this schema from the beginning. Trolls typically work as a network with different agendas for each member. Creating a website or a forum costs only a few thousand dollars, but it might earn an unbelievable amount of money by steadily trolling-directing patients to certain clinics-doctors.
- Trolls are sneaky, using sly language to achieve their goals. With their replies to new patient candidates on online platforms, they may be seen as kind and helpful individuals by those unfamiliar with hair transplant clinics and doctors in Turkey and other countries.
– A typical sentence that trolls say is something like this: ‘Hey bro, if you’re planning to go to Turkey, you should only prefer Dr.X or Dr.Y or Clinic Z. There’s no one else in Turkey you can trust.’ – Translate this sentence to the Real World; I must keep advising the doctors’ names to get monthly payments. That is how I make a living, so I have to do it on many online platforms.
What Makes Hair Transplants The Flagship Of Medical Tourism In Turkey?
- The Turkish Government has been providing incentives to boost the country’s hair transplantation industry since 2010. They have been playing a key role in making Turkey one of the most attractive medical tourism destinations in the World.
- Turkey is located in both Europe and Asia. It bridges the east and west, making it a perfect destination for hair transplant patients from all over the World.
- Istanbul has become a hub for international flights from all over the World in the past decade. There are direct flights to Istanbul from almost every major city. So, flying to Turkey is very easy for hair transplant patients.
- Medical tourists also seek other treatments, including dental procedures, butt and breast implants, liver and kidney transplants, cancer therapies, and bariatric operations to lose weight. Hair transplantation is a less complicated, less invasive, and considerably less expensive option than other well-known treatment options demanded by medical tourists.
Is Booking A Hair Transplant Through A Medical Tourism Agency Beneficial?
- Hair transplant patients frequently come across websites for middleman medical tourism agencies while researching clinics in Turkey.
- In Turkey, there is a less number of agencies that work strictly with an ethical approach and honesty, but for most of those agency companies, there is no moral value. Their primary goal is to find potential patients for their partner clinics in Turkey. To achieve this, they may make empty promises.
- Agencies may be a link between patients and surgeons. While they may offer a convenient connection to a surgeon, working with these businesses may often be more expensive than dealing directly with the clinic.
- Patients might be unable to obtain accurate information about a surgeon’s experience or clinic failure rates. By speaking directly with the hair transplant surgeon or their staff, patients can get accurate information about the procedure and avoid paying additional fees.
What Are The Hair Transplant Regulations in Turkey?
The Turkey Ministry of Health has issued several regulations and legislations to ensure the safety of patients undergoing hair transplant procedures.
- Only licensed and certified medical doctors can perform hair transplants; otherwise, substantial punishments exist.
- The procedure has to be performed in a sterile and accredited environment, such as a hospital or clinic.
- The Ministry of Health requires all hair transplant equipment to be sterile and disposable.
- The use of general anesthesia is not allowed, and patients must be awake during the entire procedure.
- Before the procedure, it is compulsory to have head shaving to reduce infection risks.
Are Results Of Hair Transplants In Turkey Better?
- The quality of hair transplants differs enormously from clinic to clinic in the same country. It can make it challenging to determine which country offers the best results. However, many people feel that Turkey has some of the best hair transplant results when considering the cost-benefit ratio.
- Some well-known South Korean hair transplant clinics and a small group of prominent hair restoration surgeons from Europe and the United States may provide relatively better results than Turkey. Still, they are not as inexpensive as Turkish hair transplant clinics.
How To Analyze Hair Transplant Results By Before-After Photos?
- Before and after photos on clinics’ websites or social media to give potential patients an idea of the surgery’s results. There are a few key points to remember when looking at before and after photos:
- Not everyone experiences the same results after a hair transplant. The survival rate of hair grafts and growth amount differs from patient to patient because each person’s hair grafts differ in structure and quality. It means each result will be unique.
- The results shown in “before and after” photos may not represent the average patient’s outcome. Some clinics may only release their best results and keep the rest hidden.
- When looking at before-after photos of a clinic, it is important to consider both the quality of the results and the clinic’s ethical values. In terms of ethics, it is important to know whether the clinic gets patients’ consent before publishing their before-after photos or any photo.
- Many high-profile hair transplant clinics get permission from patients before posting their photos, but many low-cost unprofessional clinics prioritize marketing over obtaining consent. The clinic’s lack of concern for ethical issues surrounding before-after photos suggests that you, as a patient, may be treated with the same disrespect.
Which Questions Are A Must While Looking Before-After Photos?
- What Is the Shooting Angle of The Photos?
- Have Before and After photos the Same shooting angle?
- How Much Light Is In Before and After Photos?
- Does Low-Brightness Make Hair Seem Fake Denser On After Photo?
- Is The Before Photo Captured With a Shaved Scalp or Daily Normal Hair Length?
- Is There Anything Hidden In The After Photo? Such As Hiding A Botched Hairline by Combing Hair Forward.
What Are Tricky Points of Before-After Photos?
- Deceitful clinics may use the after photos retouched or edited in Photoshop to show the fake best results. For example, a lower contrast on the after photo may deceive your perception of density.
- Fraudulent clinics steal patient photos from other clinics’ social media and websites and pretend they operated on those patients.
- After pictures might contain SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) as well as hair transplantation, and clinics may conceal this information from potential patients. It’s a more typical fraud act for afro-haired transplant patients.
- Unethical clinics may show some amazing results, while they have many unsuccessful results.
What Is The Success Rate For Hair Transplant Results In Turkey?
- Hair transplants in Turkey have a high success rate, although it varies depending on the clinic’s excellence. The success rate at top-notch clinics in Turkey is generally around %90 or higher, but for that, you must be ready not to pay less than $4000
What Are The Different Hair Transplant Techniques In Turkey?
Clinics use four main techniques: FUT, Classic FUE, Sapphire FUE, and DHI. Some people consider BHT (Body Hair Transplant) a fifth technique, but it’s not used as often as the others and is part of FUE.
What Is The Best Method For Hair Transplant in Turkey?
- Overall, Sapphire FUE is the innovative and most result-efficient technique among all techniques. Until a better method is developed by researchers, there is no better than Sapphire Fue.
- Sapphire FUE is a relatively new, revolutionary, and minimally invasive technique that offers a better success rate, smaller-precise incisions, faster healing time, and lower risk of complications than other hair transplant methods. Since 2016, a lot of top-notch results have been obtained by Sapphire Fue with avoiding post-op complications successfully.
What To Keep in Mind About Sapphire Fue in Turkey?
- Some low-cost hair transplant clinics in Turkey promise patients a procedure Sapphire FUE but then use Classic Fue, which is a less costly method for the clinic. If a patient is not detail-oriented, he mostly can not understand that he got a different operation than Sapphire FUE.
- Patients who research different operation types can usually tell the difference between DHI (Choi Pen) and FUE techniques. Still, most can not be able to distinguish between Classic Fue and Sapphire Fue. The main difference between Sapphire Fue and Classic FUE is the blade utilized to make the incisions: a Sapphire blade is used for Sapphire FUE, while a slit is used for Classic FUE.
What To Expect After Hair Transplant In Turkey?
- The first thing to expect after your hair transplant in Turkey is to fly home safely. When flying, it’s critical to safeguard your head from injury. Keep using a neck pillow at this point. You should also endeavor to sleep upright to avoid pressure on your donor and recipient areas.
- After you return home, it is crucial to monitor your prognosis. You might experience mild swelling and bruising, but this usually goes away within seven days. To decrease the risk of skin infection, especially in the implanted area, ensure that you keep the area clean. And another important point is that avoid drying on the implanted area scalp to make the forming crusts as much softer as possible.
- Your surgeon will always be your best guide to a full recovery. Communicate with the surgeon frequently, especially if you have concerns about the transplant site or your healing process. By following directions closely, you can ensure a smooth and complete recovery.
- Keep contact with the surgeon by sending monthly head photos for 18 months, and regularly get the surgeon’s evaluation of the growth process, be sure whether everything is fine.
What Is the Growth Timeline?
- The first couple of months after a hair transplant, typically experience little-to-no hair growth in the transplanted area due to Shock Hair Loss Stage. Unfortunately, some people may say negative things about your appearance during this time or express that they believe the operation was a failure. However, try not to let their words bother you too much.
- The most challenging aspect is the first few weeks post-op, when you may believe your hair is falling out. It is a typical part of the shedding process, which may be frightening for patients who are unprepared for it as psychologically. That is an inevitable part of the growth cycle.
- After the initial shedding, you will see new hair growth within 2-3 months. This hair will be thinner and lighter in color at first but will eventually thicken and darken to match your existing hair. You can expect to see full results within 18-24 months. It’s not as simple as it appears to wait almost two years for ultimate results. In this waiting game, you’ll need steel nerves and an enormous quantity of patience.
How Long Do You Need In Turkey For Hair Transplant?
- You need to stay in Istanbul for at least three nights and four days totally in Turkey for the procedure and recovery time.
- Most patients fly into Istanbul a day before the transplant to rest and prepare for the treatment.
- Once the hair transplant is complete, you must stay in Turkey for at least two days to ensure everything is healing correctly. After that, you can fly home and enjoy your new head of hair!
What Is The Example Time Plan For Hair Transplant in Turkey?
The Example Plan according to 2nd September Surgery Date;
- 1st September: Arriving in Istanbul (First Night)
- 2nd September: Operation Day (Second Night)
- 3rd September: Free Day, Resting in Hotel (Third Night)
- 4th September: Post-Op Check, Taking-Off Donor Bandage, First Washing Process, and then flying back home.
What To Pack In Bag for Hair Transplant in Turkey?
- Diamond Hair Clinic is located in Istanbul, which has lovely weather all year round. Summertime highs are usually around 30-35 degrees, and winters rarely see temperatures below zero.
- The hottest months of the year are from June to September. It is suggested that you wear shorts or airy clothes during this time. The temperature at night can drop to 15-20 degrees, so people who are sensitive to the cold should have a thin jacket in their bags.
What Is Included In Bag Checklist?
- Buttoned shirts are best for operation day and after the transplant operation for the first ten days, as you won’t have to pull them over your head. It will help prevent your transplanted hair from getting rubbed against your shirt. T-shirts that fit loosely are also comfortable to wear.
- During summer, wear shorts; during winter, long trousers or sweatpants.
- Prefer comfortable shoes or slippers for the day of the procedure.
- Acceptable forms of identification such as passport, driver’s license, identity card
- Some cash and credit card
- The correct charging cables and adapters for your phone
Is It Okay To Bring A Hat In Your Luggage?
No, wearing a cap or a hat after a hair transplant is not suggested because it might cause harm to the transplanted follicles and cause newly implanted hair grafts to fall out. So, you should not bring a cap in your luggage.
Is A Hand-Luggage Enough While Coming To Turkey?
No, hand luggage is not sufficient for this medical trip. At the end of the surgery, we give all patients a six-month hair care kit as part of the full package. The kit contains four bottles of special shampoos. Each shampoo bottle contains 150 cc liquid, but hand luggage is restricted to a maximum of 100 cc liquid. You must bring a small suitcase as checked-in luggage to easily put in those shampoos.
What Could Be Expected Turkey For Hair Transplant Journey?
- Turkey is a place full of culture and history, with many ancient and near-term civilizations such as the Roman and Ottoman Empires and their architectural structures and places to explore.
- Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and is home to many popular tourist attractions, including Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, and Basilica Cistern.
- The Blue Mosque gets its name from the blue tiles that adorn its exterior and interior. The Blue Mosque was built in the early 1600s and is one of Istanbul’s most popular tourist attractions.
- Hagia Sophia was originally a church built in Constantinople in 537 AD, but it was later converted into a mosque by the Ottomans and is now a museum.
- Topkapi Palace was the home of the Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years and is one of Istanbul’s most famous historical tourist places.
- Basilica Cistern is a vast underground water storage tank built by the Byzantine emperor Justinian in the 6th century.
- You may also consider a holiday in the Aegean or Mediterranean areas of Turkey, such as Fethiye, Marmaris, Bodrum, or Antalya. Alternatively, you may extend your stay in Istanbul to visit historical sights before surgery.
- Experienced surgeons, affordable prices, great traditional Turkish foods. Then why not take advantage of the opportunity to combine a hair transplant with a holiday in Turkey?
What Should To Know While Planning Holiday Alongside Surgery?
- It is highly advised to avoid any touristic activities for the first two weeks after the operation. So, it would be best to plan touristic activities before operation days-weeks.
- Walking is the best activity for you during this time as it will increase blood circulation and help your body to heal quickly.
- Strenuous activities such as swimming, jogging, and working out should be avoided for at least three months after surgery to prevent damage.
What Should Patients Know About Turkey?
- The telephone country code for Turkey is +90. Turkcell, Vodafone, and Turk Telekom are the mobile phone GSM providers in Turkey. Vodafone is more global and beneficial for Europeans and Americans who come to Turkey from abroad.
- In Turkey, the time zone is GMT+3.
- ATMs are everywhere in Turkey, but most clinics don’t take credit or debit cards, just cash. Fortunately, the overwhelming majority of ATMs have instructions available in English.
- While credit and debit cards are widely accepted in many places throughout Turkey. Make sure to alert the bank of your upcoming trip, so they don’t suspend your card after the first international transaction; some banks wrongly flag this activity as fraudulent.
- While the Turkish Lira (TRY) is the official currency of Turkey, both Euro and US Dollars are used regularly in daily life, especially for shopping. It’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand.
- The voltage in Turkey is set at 220 volts and 50 hertz. Turkish wall sockets are recessed, requiring European plugs with round prongs to fit inside. North Americans who are accustomed to 120 V may need a voltage converter.
- Turkey uses the metric system, so distances are in kilometers, temperatures in Celsius (Centigrade), and weights in kilograms.
- The water in Istanbul is safe to drink, but if you’re not used to the taste, it’s best to stick with bottled water.
What Is All-Inclusive Package For Hair Transplant In Turkey?
- A standard All-Inclusive Package for a hair transplant in Turkey typically includes the surgery’s cost, essential post-operative medications (antibiotic, painkiller, etc.), transfers between airport-hotel-clinic, and three nights of accommodation.
- Unlike most other clinics in Turkey, at Diamond Hair Clinic, 6 Months Hair Care Kit (Vitamin+Shampoos) is included in the standard All-Inclusive Package.
Why Would To Choose All-Inclusive Package For Hair Transplants In Turkey?
- All-Inclusive Packages can be much easier since everything has been taken care of for you. Everything from your hotel stay and transportation to and from the clinic hotel and airport is arranged for you. That leaves you less worrying and more time to unwind before and after your surgery.
- All-Inclusive Packages are frequently considerably less expensive than booking everything separately, and they might help you save money on your surgery costs.
What If Not Selected All-Inclusive Package?
- Although it isn’t the most comfortable option for patients, it is possible.
- If you are not interested in an all-inclusive package, you can choose only to have the surgery and then make your arrangements for hotel accommodation and transfers.
- But the possible risks are booking the hotel at expensive prices, booking a hotel far from the clinic, and finding an untruthful driver for transfers.
Do All-Inclusive Packages Include Flights Expenses?
- One common misconception is that all-inclusive hair transplant packages include airfare. All-Inclusive packages in Turkey typically don’t include flight expenses. In most cases, you will need to purchase your airfare separately.
- Because there are many variables for airfare, such as departure airport, airline, and time of year. As a result, it’s simply not possible to include airfare in an all-inclusive package. However, some clinics may offer discounts on airfare if you book your hair transplant at their facility.
What About Flights to Turkey?
- Turkey’s central location makes it a convenient destination for patients from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. There are numerous direct flights to Istanbul from major airports around the World, and the city is also home to many top-rated state-of-the-art hair transplant clinics.
- While flying to Istanbul, drink plenty of water, as the air conditioning on flights can be quite drying. And keep in mind that Turkey is in a different time zone than the US, so be sure to adjust your watch accordingly.
- Moreover, since flying can be tiring, we suggest that you plan to arrive in Istanbul a day or two before your hair transplant procedure. It will give you time to rest and adjust to the time difference.
How Many Hours Does It Take to Fly Istanbul?
- Istanbul to New York: 9 hours and 45 minutes
- Istanbul to Paris: 3 hours and 25 minutes
- Istanbul to Madrid: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- Istanbul to Berlin: 2 hours and 55 minutes
- Istanbul to Moscow: 4 hours and 25 minutes
- Istanbul to Dubai: 4 hours and 40 minutes
- Istanbul to Doha: 4 hours and 20 minutes
Do I Need To Buy Airfare To Book Hair Transplant in Turkey?
- Yes, it is the first step of booking surgery. Most Turkish clinics don’t schedule your surgery before seeing flight tickets. Before purchasing airfare, contact the clinic and confirm the surgeon’s availability for the days you want to book.
How Much Does It Cost To Fly To Turkey For Hair Transplant?
- Flying to Turkey from North America can be a bit pricey, with the average cost of a one-way flight coming in at around $1100. However, if you’re coming from Europe, you can expect to pay significantly less, with the average one-way flight costing just $550. If you’re coming from the Middle East, you’ll find that flights are even cheaper, with an average cost of just $340. And if you’re coming from Asia, you’ll probably find that flying to Turkey is one of the more expensive options, with the average one-way flight costing around $1270.
- You should book your flight months in advance to take advantage of lower prices. You can get cheaper flights by using a flight search engine and comparing prices from different airlines. Skyscanner, Expedia, and Google Flights are all great options.
What Are The Factors Affecting The Cost of Flying to Turkey?
- The first factor is the location from which you are flying. Flights from major airports in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East are more expensive than flights from other parts of the World.
- The second factor is the time of year. Prices for flights to Istanbul typically increase during the summer and holiday periods.
- The third factor is the airline you choose. Depending on your location, certain airlines will have cheaper rates. If you’re flying from Europe, Turkish Airlines is a great choice. Similarly, those traveling from the Middle East should look into Qatar Airways. In North America, both Delta and United Airlines offer competitive rates.
- The fourth factor is the type of ticket you purchase. Tickets that include a stopover can be cheaper than tickets that are non-stop.
What Are Main Airports in Turkey With International Flights?
- The main airports in Turkey with international flights are Istanbul Airport (IST), Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), Antalya Airport (AYT), Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB), Ankara Esenboga Airport (ESB).
- Istanbul Airport (IST), located on the European side of Istanbul, is the largest airport in Turkey and one of the busiest airports in the World. It handles over 60 million passengers annually and offers direct flights to over 300 destinations around the globe.
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), located on the Asian side of Istanbul, is the second busiest airport in Turkey. It handles over 35 million passengers annually and offers direct flights to over 180 destinations.
- Antalya Airport (AYT), located in southern Turkey, is the third busiest airport in Turkey. It handles over 25 million passengers annually and offers direct flights to over 140 destinations.
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB), located in western Turkey, is the fourth busiest airport in Turkey. It handles over 20 million passengers annually and offers direct flights to over 90 destinations.
- Ankara Esenboga Airport (ESB), located in central Turkey, is the fifth busiest airport in Turkey. It handles over 15 million passengers annually and offers direct flights to over 80 destinations.
Which Airlines Fly To Turkey?
- Many prestigious World-Wide airlines fly to Turkey, such as British Airways, American Airlines, Lufthansa, Air France, KLM, Emirates, and Qatar Airways.
- The national airlines of Turkey are Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air, SunExpress, and Turkish Airlines. Pegasus Airlines is a low-cost airline that offers the biggest discounted airfare rates. Onur Air is a Turkish carrier that specializes in economy class seats. SunExpress is a German-Turkish airline that only offers economy and business class tickets.
Is It Necessary A Visa To Visit Turkey?
- That is one of the most frequently requested topics when patients decide to get a hair transplant in Turkey. Unless you are a citizen of one of the countries with visa exemptions, a visa is required to visit Turkey. The Turkish visa application procedure is typically straightforward and can be completed online using the Turkish Government E-Visa system.
Which Countries Are Exempt Visa to Enter Turkey?
The countries in the European Union, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Romania, Israel, South Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia do not need a visa to go to Turkey.
Is The US And Canadian Citizens Included In The Visa Exemption of Turkey?
Unfortunately, the US and Canada are not on the visa exemption list for Turkey, so residents of those countries will need to obtain a visa before entering Turkey. However, it is possible to apply for an E-Visa online.
What is an Electronic Visa (E-Visa) to Enter Turkey?
There are two types of visas offered in Turkey: The E-Visa and the visa issued at Turkish missions. The E-Visa is an alternative to Regular Visas issued by Turkish Ambassadors and consulates.
How Can You Apply Turkish E-Visa?
- In E-Visa, applicants fill out the required information online and make payments by credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa, or UnionPay) on the e-visa.gov.tr website to obtain their visas electronically.
- The e-Visa application can be completed online in minutes, and payments are made. Once the payment is made, applicants will receive their e-Visa via email.
How Long Does a Turkish E-Visa Approval Take?
With an average of 12 hours, Turkish e-Visa processing time might take up to 3 business days or less.
How Long Does a Turkish E-Visa Approval Take?
With an average of 12 hours, Turkish e-Visa processing time might take up to 3 business days or less.
What Are The Options For Accommodation in Turkey For Hair Transplant?
- Firstly, the safer and strongly advised option is to choose the All-Inclusive Package and accommodate the hotel that the clinic arranges.
- If hair transplant patients don’t prefer clinics’ All-Inclusive Packages and book a hotel, accommodation can be rather costly.
- This cost varies depending on the chosen hotel’s location. That is especially valid if you choose a hotel in a prime location such as Taksim, Sisli, or Bosphorus. Hotel prices can range from $200 to $800 per night, adding up quickly.
- Although the cost may be a motivating factor for some patients, booking cheaper accommodations such as hostels or apartments or Airbnb is not advised from a safety and health-infection standpoint.
Is It Necessary To Stay In A Hospital For Hair Transplant Surgery?
- Patients who don’t have a severe chronic illness like heart disease or liver-kidney disease don’t need to be hospitalized before or after having a hair transplant.
- Commonly, patients accommodate in a hotel for three nights. Staying at a hotel is more practical and pleasant than being hospitalized, allowing patients to enjoy their trip through the hair transplant procedure.
What Are The Best Hair Transplant Clinics and Surgeons In Turkey?
- There is no best clinic or the best surgeon in Turkey or elsewhere in the World. Stop to search that immediately and try to change your mindset if you ask this question.
- In Turkey, professionals and amateurs, experienced ones and newbies, unethical mass production hair mills and ethical one-patient-a-day elite clinics exist together. To distinguish those critical points among different hair transplant clinics, you must dive into and research profoundly. A few days of quick research is not sufficient.
- People who ask for the best hair transplant doctors and clinics usually don’t want to put in the extra effort of researching hair transplant options in Turkey, they only want to see the lists with some clinic and doctor names and go to one of them right away. It is a dangerous way that may lead you to an unethical clinic, and you may end up with a disastrous result that will necessitate seeking corrective surgeries.
What About Top-Best 10 Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey List?
You may come across lists such as “Top 5 Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey“, “Top 10 Hair Transplant Doctors in Turkey” and so on. While looking at those lists, remember that list writers don’t include a clinic unless they were paid.
Which Turkish Cities Are Popular Among Hair Transplant Patients?
- Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya, Marmaris, Fethiye, and Bodrum are the most popular destinations among foreigners who come to Turkey to have hair transplants.
- Istanbul wildly outperforms other destinations in Turkey for hair surgery numbers yearly. More than 90% of all hair transplant surgeries in Turkey take place in Istanbul.
- Istanbul is not only the capital of the Turkish Hair Transplant Industry, but it is also considered the global capital for hair transplantations.
- Istanbul’s two international airports (IST and SAW) make it easy for patients from all around the World to fly to Istanbul.
Why Is The Turkish Hair Transplant Clinics in the World-Wide Press?
Bloomberg, GQ, CNN, and the BBC have all recently published news and articles about hair transplants in Turkey. Bloomberg has written an article about “Why Men Everywhere Are Going to Istanbul for Hair Transplants.” The article discusses whether the regulations are enough and offers some points of view on the matter. GQ’s article titled “How Istanbul Became the Global Capital of the Hair Transplant” explains how the popularity of hair transplants among young men and women from different western countries is rising. The BBC video “Hair Transplants: Fighting Against My Receding Hairline” focuses on a British patient who traveled to Istanbul for his hair transplant.
Which Countries Are Best For Hair Transplants?
Turkey, the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Spain, Hungary, Thailand, Poland, India, and South Korea are the top 10 countries for hair transplantation in the World.
Which Ones Are Budget-Friendly Countries for Hair Surgeries?
Turkey, Poland, Mexico, and India are the most cost-effective nations. Turkey is less expensive than Poland and Mexico and more costly than India. But, most experts agree that Turkey provides better results in a more secure and hygienic medical environment than India.
Get In Touch With Diamond Hair Clinic!
- Diamond Hair Clinic is one of the patient-oriented hair transplant clinics in Turkey, headed by Dr.Mehmet Demircioglu. Dr. Demircioglu is an experienced hair transplant surgeon who has performed thousands of successful hair surgeries. Dr. Mehmet Demircioglu is also an active member of the World Fue Institute (WFI).
- The doctor uses the latest techniques and technology for the Sapphire Fue Hair Transplant. It reduces scalp trauma while incisions and causes quicker healing in tissue, less discomfort, and exceptional value for money for his patients.
- Contact us now to book a free consultation!